Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

It had been h-o-t HOT this weekend.
But yesterday was probably one of the top Memorial Days ever.
We were without my boat friend's boat all weekend, so my expectations weren't too high for this "unofficial kickoff of summer."
 But it was so great. We went to Midnight Hole. Ever heard of it?


Well basically, you go on a nice little mile and a half hike then reach this. You climb up on those huge rocks and jump off into the freezing water. It was SO fun. I wish I had taken pictures. Who am I?! A slacker I guess. But really, it was great.
Since we were with boys of course we had to go exploring and climb further up the river. And of course there has to be the token girl to faceplant on some rocks. So glad I could fill that role for everyone. You're welcome friends. That's why you bring me along. But you know what? It's not really summer if I don't have swollen, bruised, and bloodied knees. I'm just doing whatever it takes to welcome in the summer!

We also had a Memorial Day miracle and got to sit on the patio at Dead End for dinner. Yum. It was the perfect end to the day.

I can't wait to go again. 

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment