Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Update

After my weekend hiatus I am back! Goodness, this weekend seems like it's been a month long. So full. But so good and fun.
And if you are reading this, I guess you didn't get raptured. Me neither. So since we are all still here, I'll continue my humble little blog...

Friday:
My all-star sister starred in a play. I'm sure she'll win an Oscar for that performance. Gotta love fifth grade plays. Enthralling. But really, if you want to have your self-esteem built up, go to a fifth grade class at A.L. Lotts, I don't remember the last time I've been told, "You're so pretty" so many times in such a short span of time.
Then the champions had their end of year party. After legit creating a pizza sauna in my car with 12 Little Caesars pizzas, I got to hang out with these champs.
Unfortunately this is the biggest "group picture" we got. I guess that's what you get for letting the kids take over the camera.
...because why wouldn't you look at the person next to you instead of smiling at the camera?!
  I'm going to miss these kids so much. Now that my mom is leaving inner-city elementary I don't know what I'm going to do. I really want to find a new way to stay involved in the lives of kids like this. I know there's Big Brother Big Sisters and Boys and Girls Club and many others, I'm just not sure which ones would be the best for me. Any suggestions??

I finally learned how to Fishtail. Who knew it was so easy?!
After party time, I got to spend some good time on the lake. The water was wayyyy to cold for me to even think about getting in. But it was still so nice to ride on the boat. After having classy dinner at Dead End (here's my plug for Dead End- if you haven't been, go. Now. Absolutely delicious. Really. Love) in our bathing suits, we had one of those nights where you just laugh and giggle and talk and love life with best friends.

Saturday:
We had our first shower for miss bride to be. Brunch was tasty. I would eat it every single day if I could. Mark my words. It was just so fun to get to celebrate her. Less than a month until my sweet friends are married! Unbelievable.
We headed back to the lake after the shower. (Catching a theme in my life?) I love summer.

Then we went to another one of my favorite summer things, the drive-in. The South at our best right there. I love the drive-in. I'll go back next weekend too. I still kept my record going for never having made it through the second movie. I fell asleep on the gravel this time. That was a mistake. I have bruises.
Sunday:
Church and friends and a new umbrella and birthdays. We enjoyed our back porch with good friends. That is probably my favorite part of our house. Please come sit with us on our back porch anytime. This is officially and open invite to all my readers :)
And it was this girl's birthday! ------------------------>
What a cutie!
This is what she really looks like.
And I love her. My sweet roommate Sarah Hope. We got to celebrate her last night. And it was so fun! She got a new bike that she oh so thoughtfully parked in the middle of the hallway so we can all look at it everyday. But really, I love living with you Soap. And celebrating your birthday was so fun. I'm thankful for good friends an reasons to hang out and laugh. Love you Soap, happy birthday!


Such a fun weekend. Now happy Monday, Bloggies! I hope this week is just as good for all of you as this weekend was for me.
I'm so thankful we are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment