Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thoughts...

I hesitate to publish this, because I wonder if thoughts I've been thinking come out as well in writing as they would in speaking.... But I guess I can always speak them to you too if you want to hear 'em. So, here goes nothing.

Okay, here's some real quick things I've been thinking about. Real, real quick.

1. God has an adventure to take each one of us on. Seriously. An adventure. Who doesn't stinkin' love adventures?! And this one is one of more than a lifetime...

2. We were not saved to sit still. Hmm...

This next part is from a book I'm reading, Radical. Much more about that soon to come I'm sure...
3. God commanded us to take His word to all nations.
            Matthew 28:19- "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"
           Acts 1:8- "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
This is not a "calling"... it is a command.

Funny how we find it so easy to keep the privileges of Christianity (Matthew 11:28 and John 10:10) promising to "give you rest" and "life to the full", yet we assign obligations (Matthew 28 and Acts 1:8) to others. Not at all saying we are not abundantly blessed and are indeed given these wonderful promises, but how much are we also in debt to this world who doesn't know Christ? We cannot say we "are not called" because clearly, we are all commanded. All of us in Christ. 


4. I just can't help but to see that we were created for something so much more than this.

How much are we missing out on, being stuck in our routine of this American life? I don't know, but I don't want to miss this grand adventure God has in store.


No comments:

Post a Comment