Sunday, April 3, 2011

13.1

Dear Bloggies, I did it. Freaking finished running 13.1 miles.
Dear legs, I am so sorry you hate me so much right now. I promise you'll feel better one day. Maybe not today or tomorrow or the next day-sheesh- but one day you will be able to support my weight without wanting to crumble my body to the ground.
Dear water stations, Literally every time I thought I could not take another step without a sip of water, you would appear and quinch my thirst. Thankyousomuch.
Dear little orange mile markers, You made the run so much easier I think. Only having to make it to the next mile, rather than the next THIRTEEN made me feel better. And you came up so speedily every mile. You rock.
Dear weather, You were absolutely perfect for the run and all day long. Keep up the good work. If your forecast for Monday night/Tuesday changes, I know I wouldn't utter a single complaint. 
Dear Blue Gatorade, You are hard to drink while running. You are all over my gray t-shirt.
Dear Volunteers, Thank you for your smiles and cheers and cups of water and encouragement and time. Literally couldn't have done it without you.
Dear half marathon medal, You make me smile. So much so I took a nap wearing you today.
Dear nap, The three hours we spent together today were terrific. Let's make it a more regular thing, k?
Dear hills, I literally hate you. Everyone said you dominated the Knoxville half, but I didn't believe them. Now I know the truth. And you suck. And that's all I have to say to you.
Dear Everyone in Knoxville that cheered for the runners today, Y'all are a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y the best part of the run. Thank you times a hundred thousand million for cheering us on today. You guys made me want to cry some of the time 'cause I was so stinkin' thankful. I mean, who gets up at 7a.m. and stands in the cold and cheers for strangers?? You do. Holy moly.
Dear all my friends that I didn't even know would be there, y'all rock too. Thanks for doubling up your cheering and sharing the love for me too. Such an encouragement to see faces I knew and hear my name said. Three cheers for you.
Dear marathoners, Y'all literally amaze me. When we got to the split, I was beyond thankful to get to hang a right and head to my dear friend Neyland. I don't see how y'all did it.
Dear the best roommates in the world, Y'all know how to make me feel so stinkin' important and I am so grateful for that. Thanks for making 13.1 miles seem like I saved the entire world. Thanks for being my official photographers and sign holders. I am beyond thankful for you.
Dear family, Thanks for staying in Knox to cheer for me. It makes me feel special that even though I'm in college you still take time to get up early and cheer me on. In all I do. Thanks for always being my biggest fans.
Dear everyone who called/texted/Facebooked today, Good gravy, I did not expect to get so much attention. Talk about making a girl feel special. Thank you for encouraging and building me up and making me feel so dern good. I hope I can be as thoughtful as y'all have been today. Seriously, ALL y'all made me day. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

I'm wondering when is too early to go to bed for the night. 8? Nahhh. Ah... feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment