Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Bloggies! I am back from my unintentional blogging sabbatical. I stayed with the fam Friday night through today, and would you believe it? The internet at my parent's house is broken. So no blogging, twitter, facebook, email, studying... for me. What a blessing. (I'll know tomorrow if God is faithful in blessing my intentional family time in the "no studying" aspect of this weekend- Econ, I'll hate you forever).
Friday.
Good Friday. I pray I don't forget the incredible blessing of the cross. Ever.
My parents and I went to Secret Church. From 7pm-1am. A Bible study. It was led by David Platt, author of Radical. Wow. Really the only way to describe it is as drinking water through a firehouse. Hopefully one day I'll be able to process it all and blog about it. Yeah, I'll have to come back to that. For sure.
Saturday.
I got to go to lunch with my favorite high school homies! We did bulldog cheers and sang the fight song in the middle of "our" Moe's. Not really. But we did talk and laugh and reminisce. I hope we get to do this until we are 104 years old. Crazy that they are still my very best friends. I am beyond thankful I didn't have to wait 'til college or later to find life-long friends. We got to become besties when we 14. Holla!

Gosh, we have so many stories. And we are still adding to the looooong list. Yippee!

After lunch the Fab Four plus Marley and Mom hit up the boulevard for a little outside play time. Saturday afternoon gave me reason #732 why I wanna fill my own home up with bunches of kiddies. I've never once regretted being 1 of 4. I love it to the moon and back. We played fetch and Frisbee and soccer. Team girl all the way. Although, I have to admit, the boys did beat us 9-10. That game left us sweaty and gross and collapsing on the blanket begging for Icees. Hanging with the boys apparently gives me more energy because once we got back home, we were at it again. This time boys vs girls basketball in the driveway. See? How would we have been able to do this is the 'rents had stopped after two or three? Gosh, I just love the sibs so much. And hanging with my family. They rock. I don't know why in the world I'm so blessed but so stinkin' thankful once again.
Dinner (just the 6 of us for once), practicing driving the stick shift (which resulted in laughter from my fellow drivers on the road- unbelievable), and Slumdog Millionare watching was the perfect end to what was probably my ideal Saturday.   
Andddd Sunday.
Easter.
This is also going to have to be continuted. (This is already long and I am watching the clock tick closer and closer to my Econ test time. Gag.)
Pastor Scott focused on Jesus's feet. You read that right, Bloggies, his feet. What in the world? That's so like Scott to take a story I've heard 15,000 times (not saying it's still not so, so meaningful- just common) and put a completely new spin on it. How awesome. Yes. I'll come back to this too.
Backyard lunch with the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, people I don't even know at all, and my family ended Easter with fun, egg hunts, too much food, laughter, stories, joy, and thankfulness.
I am just so grateful for this life, this holiday, this family, this weekend. Now let's get this last week of school in motion.
1, 2, ready go!
My all time favorite people
P.S. You're welcome for the throwback high school graduation pictures today. Cue Vitamin C's "Graduation Song" here.

Over and out, Bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment