Friday, December 24, 2010

The Greatest Story Ever Told

Isn't it amazing that this story, the one that Christmastime revolves around, literally IS the greatest story ever told?!

Talk about the things we do for love.
What about what GOD does for love? Wow.

I'm not sure, but I think maybe this is the first year I might actually get it. Really, I pray I don't miss it all... again. Maybe it's because this is the first year I haven't had a big dream for a Christmas gift... for myself. I DO have a dream (but I'm not sharing it on here... yet. My biggest fear is that it'll become about me. And that is not at all what I want. Plus, I'm still gathering my thoughts. The vision is not clear in my head yet. It's still just an idea. A thought really. One that's growing.) Anyway, it might be because I realize my parents can't really afford it. Four kids with two in college empties bank accounts quickly. Either way, it's really REALLY not about the gifts anyway. Even if I had someone who could buy me every single thing I wanted, it wouldn't satisfy. Really. EveryTHING leaves you feeling empty again. 

So, this season, today, tomorrow, don't miss it, friends.

Jesus's birthday. The beginning of his life. The life that changed everything. Forever.
There are so many parts of the Christmas story I absolutely love. Mary saying "yes," Joseph's commitment to her, Zechariah and Elizabeth and baby John, the inn, the manger, the shepherds, the star....
The earth had a Divine longing, God provided Divine fulfillment. And now we have eternal security. What a blessing brought in a tiny baby.

Happy birthday to the baby boy who saved our lives.


I have loved hanging out with my family the past few days. They have made me laugh out loud so much. Especially my seester. When did she get so funny?! I want to type out all the funny things she's done, but I feel like they'd all end with "you had to be there." I love being with the fab four (and the 'rents too of course). And my family treats me like the rest of the world does- makes LIES up out of the blue to tell me (which of course I ALWAYS believe), and confesses later with, "Gosh, Chelcie, you're SO gullible." They think it's hilarious. Especially when they're all in on it. Welcome to my life. 

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, by the way. Snow is in the forecast for Knox! If it snows tomorrow I do believe it will be the first ever white Christmas I can remember. It will be magical, I'm 100% sure.

The Fab Four on Christmas Eve

Have a VERY merry Christmas everyone!

6 For to us a child is born,
   to us a son is given,
   and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment