Tuesday, March 29, 2011

If scattered thoughts stress you out, skip this post

It's official, I'm a slacker. Instead of making some more excuses and empty promises, I'll just own up to it. So there it is folks. I still haven't blogged about Spring Break. So why not keep this random post train rolling?

I've been feeling a lot lately. I don't even know how to put it. Words fail me right now- and kinda have been the past 24ish hours. I know all y'all are shocked.
It's not for any reason in particular, I've just been thinking a lot. I guess I'm usually too busy talking to think. Oops. 

You know those times when God says the same thing to you over and over again in one day? I had one of those days yesterday. Which was great. 
But there was also a lot of hard parts about yesterday. Not hard like, bad. It was good!... just not easy. Clearly, I'm confused. (Not so shocking:) )

So many times yesterday I just had to say wow. As in wow, I'm in awe.

Sometimes God take you on a path that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But the wonderful thing about it is that no matter what, if you keep your eyes on Him, it is guaranteed to be absolutely perfect. 
See? 
Wow. 
What a reminder.
I'm not even sure why I put that in here. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with yesterday. Or maybe it does. Either way, I like what it say and what it reminds me of. So there.

I am so thankful for stories of redemption. And for friends who share theirs with me. What an honor. And who let me talk as long as I want. And don't think I'm crazy when I can't figure out what I'm thinking, not to mention actually verbalize it. I'm thankful for friends who look out for one another. I'm thankful for loooong talks and late nights in the Red Saile driveway. (And I'm thankful that the Lord is faithful and still lets me get an A on my test that I didn't study for while I talked about Him-it's the little things, people). I'm thankful that we don't have to have it all figured out. But I'm also thankful that God gives us people to help us along the way. I am thankful that I have friends that we can pray together and for each other. And that I have friends who tell me they are praying for me. Just 'cause.



One of my friends retweeted this today, and I liked it a lot:
"I want to desperately want Christ. I want to recklessly love those He's given me. I want to live in love & outside of fear." 

I'm a teeny bit scatter-brained today. If you can't tell. So this probably isn't making a whole lot of sense. But those are just some thoughts. I'm sure my brain will start working again soon and I'll be able to clear this all up. At least I hope so. There's a lot of good stuff to come. I know lookin' at me you can't tell it, but there's a lot going on up there :) (meaning in my brain- and meaning at least for today).

 Well, all that being said (don't even ask me what was said, I'm not sure anything was really), I want to remember this: 
Do what you are called to do. Do it right. And do it well. Live quietly. Today is the day. Now is the time.



On another note: wE gEt NeW lEaDeRs ToMoRrOw!!!! 
Fancy writing and three cheers for that!
This time tomorrow we'll be hangin' with our n00bs. Can't wait to bring 'em in to our little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment