Friday, November 5, 2010

THE Max Patch

While I was getting ready for a very long day of classes on Tuesday morning, I got a text from my friend saying that he was taking some of his high school friends to Max Patch and "who all is in?" Well I've never been to this fantastic place, so of course I agreed. That's right, I skipped three of my four classes. Who needs, 'em? But really, I figured these are the things I'll remember, right? So we loaded up for a spur of the moment trip to beautiful Max Patch. And good gracious, it was stunning. Better wasn't so far away and such a hike to the top. Really it's quite a short hike, I'm just outta shape/bad at walking up hills.?? But really, it's ideal.


We spent a few hours at the top laughing and playing.
The high schoolers from West and Bearden were so fun and such kids. I so loved spending the day just playing. Just being kids. Such fun.


I am always absolutely stunned by the beauty of God's creation when I'm in the mountains. His majesty and power just so apparent when I look over these breath-taking views.

"Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy"
Psalm 98:8

Mmmm... Our God is so good.




I'm so glad I went. This is really how I want to live my life. All out. Doing everything I can. Living it to the fullest. I don't wanna ever miss a thing. I don't want to look back and wish I had done things I didn't, or wish I'd said "yes" when I said "no." I don't want regrets. And I figure I'll regret more things I don't do, rather than those I do. So here it is. This is my life. One chance. Make the best of it all. Be spontaneous.
Do things. Live it up. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment