Saturday, March 31, 2012

I've got a MARATHON of a day tomorrow...

This time tomorrow (if all goes as planned) I'll no longer be just a runner. I'll be a marathoner! Goodness gracious. I honestly can't believe it's already here. We've trained so hard and spent so many weeks running. SO many hours. I am confident that we can do it. But the main emotion I'm feeling is extreme nervousness. Extreme.
It's so mental. I've said this a million times. I know it's going to be hard. So, so hard. But Abby and I have each other. And we have our friends. Our sweet, sweet friends who are planning on watching and cheering. And of course our families. Who support us in everything we do. And who are role models aka my baby brother, Drew, who is already a marathoner.
I've also said this a lot. There is NO way I even attempt to run this far without the Lord's strength. So before I even start or finish I want to make sure He is given full credit. This is beyond my ability.
So, some things I keep in mind as I run:


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Unless you puke, faint, or die keep going. (Thank you for this one Jillian Michaels aka the scariest woman on the face of the planet)

"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."
- Ann Trason

"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible." John Hanc

One day I won't be able to do this. Today is not that day.

Don't quit.




Just some pump up/ "don't you dare quit now" quotes.
I'm real big on encouragement. So if you see me cheer something nice really loud. I'll probably cry sometime tomorrow. Or maybe all day. Just a warning, folks.
It's really just putting one foot in front of the other for 26.2 miles. No biggie. I'm just putting out of my mind that the first guy to run one died. NIKE!
So here's to a good night of non-nervous sleep. And putting a 26.2 sticker on my car.
See ya on the flip side, Bloggies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment