This is what I learned:
- It's officially "criss cross applesauce." The racist Native American references are no more. (I actually already knew this but still...)
- 10:10 is an acceptable time to eat lunch
- Kindergarteners are wittle bebes still
- They like to hold hands
- I feel like I could scoop them up and carry them on my hip
- They weigh 90 pounds all of them combined together
- They tell funny jokes:
- Kid: "Hey, I know a joke!"
- Me: "Oh, you do?!"
- Kid: "Yeah! What is the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?"
- Me: "Umm..."
- Kid: "Beer nuts are $1.48 and deer nuts are just under a buck!"
- Me: (someone teach me the apporpriate response to this because I'm pretty sure laughing out loud isn't it. Whoops)
Kids are funny.
I like teaching.
I think I am nuts after all.