Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pterodactyl

I was doing homework on the floor at my parent's house the other day and my youngest brother was jumping up and down, sitting on top of me, and asking me millions of pointless questions. My dad (who I honestly believes knows what I'm thinking before I do) stopped him before I totally lost my cool. He said, "Sam, what's the hardest word you know how to spell?" To which Sam answered, "Pterodactyl." (Confession: I had to Google how to spell this word. Sam might be officially smarter than me.) And my dad said, "Everything Chelcie does for grad school is like having to write the word 'pterodactyl' over and over."
I laughed for a long time.
But you know what, that's actually a pretty accurate description.
Grad school is killing me.
And it's for ELEMENTARY EDUCATION!
I applaud all y'all going through much more difficult programs!
I have been wishing this summer away and it is not good at all.

Wherever you are, be all there!  
Thank you, Jim Elliot, for reminding me to be present in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment