Friday, April 27, 2012

So I'm like done with college

...except I'm not really. I've still got a year of grad school left. But I'm done with undergrad. Officially. As of today. Holy cow.
This is totally different than I expected it to feel.
I guess all I have to compare it to is being done with high school. And I really don't think the two could feel more opposite.
Whereas on the last day of high school I was excited and looking forward to summer, now (although I'm still looking forward to the warm weather...) I'm looking ahead to months of classes and friends being gone.

I decided to follow in my friend Jessie's footprints and make a list of all the things I didn't expect from college
  • I didn't expect to make such great friends. I thought high school would've been the peak of deep, meaningful relationships.
  • I didn't expect to be doing YoungLife ministry at Halls for four years. 
  • I didn't expect to laugh so much.
  • I didn't expect to cry so much.
  • I didn't expect to have this many memories.
  • I didn't expect to pick up the nickname "Bubs."
  • I didn't know I would ever do some of the things I did.
  • I didn't expect such a wonderful community.
  • I didn't expect so many roadtrips.
  • I didn't expect it to be so fun.
  • I didn't expect it to be so hard.
  • I didn't expect so many late night adventures.
  • I didn't expect so many crushes- that's for you, Mom;)
  • I didn't expect to live with Jamie for FOUR years.
  • I didn't expect to grow, mature, and change like I have.
  • I didn't expect to stay so close to my best friends.
  • I didn't expect it to go by so quickly.
  • I didn't expect this.
  • I didn't expect these to be the best four years of my life.
  • I didn't expect to be looking at the end of my senior year feeling like this. I can't think of a more appropriate moment for the phrase "bitter sweet."
I'm not even done with school for real, but I miss it already.
If I'm being honest, and I usually am (brutally so) I'm a little scared. I am looking out into the unknown and I have no clue what to expect. Yes, I have an idea of what the next year will look like as far as school goes, but what about all these memories and relationships I've built over the past four years? And exactly how miserable will I be teaching full time and being a full time grad student next year (and not making any money at all)? The unknown in scary. But if all these things came from me not knowing what to expect, I cannot imagine what unbelieveably wonderful things are in store as we journey into this new chapter. Freshmen year of life (kinda), ready or not, here we come. Gag.

A little walk down memory lane these past four years (oh gosh, I can't believe it's been four years)
 
Class of 2008. And still my bffs. Wow. (Forgive me for the piknk- it was a phase)

Our first ever day of college. I'm embarrassed.
New years 2009.

We were such babies!

Still star-struck by athletes. Not much has changed.

Where I belong

That time we went to Oregon. And I got bad end of summer staff reviews. sigh.
These people have had an extraordinary impact on my life in college.
Remember that time we went to Cancun?

...And San Diego?

The summer of the Core Four

The original Red Saile house

FBXI crew

Trip to D.C. and became famous on Today's Letters.

Biffles.

VFL

One of the best decisions I've ever made.

FBXII
Out of order, but that time it blizzard. And we took full advantage of it.

SBXII

Marathon. Whoa.
And this is out of order too. From the day of the giant hail storm. Exactly one year ago. Weird.

I'm pretty sure it would take about the same amount of time to just go read every single blog post for as long as I've had this blog, but this was more fun. I had to stop myself from uploading every picture from college. I just love it all so much.
Wow. I've been so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment