Thursday, February 16, 2012

Power in weakness

I have discovered that my previous post was incredibly wrong. Turns out I am highly allergic to Valentine's Day. I felt so sick on Tuesday. I guess all the love in the air quite literally made me nauseous. Tragic. But I spent most of the day in my bed feeling horrible. But Tim Riggins kept me company, so I am in no way complaining.
Sparing the details and moving on...

BIG NEWS HERE PEOPLE:
Abby Troutman Fennell (I don't know when I'll get used to that) and I are RUNNING A MARATHON! Whoa baby, I can't believe it. The Knoxville marathon. April 1st. We're doing it.
We both have run the half so we are ready to step up our game.
I am seriously so pumped.
But at the same time, this marathon is something we both are so positive we would never be able to complete without God. 26.2 miles? Abby and me?! Not. A. Chance.
But we can do all things through Christ.
This verse has come up twice since we paid last night...

2 Corinthians 12:9

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

At first I was confused. I don't want to go into a marathon being weak. But then I think... of course I do! Christ's power in me! Whatta a treasure!

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

So I will boast in my weakness and my inability to do anything on my own.

It will not be easy. By any means. It will be hard. And I will be weak. It will be a challenge. The biggest challenge I've ever faced probably.

Here's to running a marathon, by the strength and to the glory of the Lord alone.

Let's go!

Here I am after the half. Let's see if I can double this wimpy thing.
And my brother a couple years earlier after he ran a marathon. He's a beast. And my inspiration.
And my running partner. So encouraging. So thankful for her.

If you're looking for some entertainment incredibly bored without anything better to do on April 1st (no foolin') from 7:30a.m. until about noon, feel free to come cheer us on. We'd love the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment