Sunday, June 5, 2011

Can't beat summertime

I'm starting to feel like I sound a liiiitle bit like a broken record. But these days have been some of the best days of summer. Again. Despite having Spanish everyday, I do believe this is on track to being the best summer ever.
The past few days have been full of sun and water and food and friends. Tell me, does it get any better?!


I sorta felt like this week would be a little lame since so many people were at camp (but they are finally back! and I cannot wait to hear every detail!), and just Sarah Hope and I were holding down the for at Red Saile. But boy, was I wrong- it has been so fun. We've been a couple for the week. What a treat.

We've spent so long in the Sun the past few days. Summer tans are something to smile about. But it's been so hot we've spent all our time in the pool or on the lake. And I am NOT complaining about that.

Wake surfing is the new thing to do. My favorite thing about it is being close enough to the boat to talk to the people on board while you're riding. Sometimes I get bored wakeboarding. Too far away from the boat. It gets lonely. (Taylor would die if he read that.) We're going to be pros (I use the term lightly) by the end of the summer. 

My "smart" phone decided to not be so smart and take a little swim in the bottom of the lake. Those suckas aren't waterproof. Not so smart after all.

National doughnut day!! Why isn't everyday free doughnut day? I definitely took advantage of it. I had three. That's right three free doughnuts. And I don't regret it. At. All. Plus, running into friends and going to get doughnuts, running into more friends there and going to get more doughnuts makes for a fun night.

And the Chickfila double drive through patio has been seeing lots of us lately. There's just something about sitting outside, eating Chickfila, and having Caleb "refresh our beverages" that we just can't resist.
We also walked to Menchie's last night. Gah, so great. I would do that every single night.

My creativity has sparked this summer as well. These are two of the projects we've attempted this week.
First, a jersey knit bracelet. All you need is an old t-shirt and two fingers. Viola! Awesome.

It's a little hard to see these, but fingernails painted in swirls. All you do for this is put a few drops of different color polish in a cup of water, swirl it with a toothpick, and dip your fingers in. Tada! Swirly nails.


And lastly, we practiced hairstyles for Abby's wedding. Less than two weeks! I am so pumped for that day! Unbelievable. Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment