Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Twenty-Twelve, Y'all!

aka the year I graduate college. Wahhh! Weird.

I l-o-v-e New Years. I love the new starts we get. It's just so... fresh. Like opening a brand new jar of peanut butter. Mmm... so good.

We brought the new year in in style.

The lakehouse was so fun. Great friends. Good food. Lots of laughs.

Decorations everywhere. This is just one example. And an example of the...uhh... wildlife.
I shot a gun- two actually. Turns out I'm a horrible shot. Be afraid, be very afraid.

We had the bonfire of the year (pun intended). This does not do it justice. I'm anxiously waiting for someone to put up a video of once we started throwing multiple fireworks in. Just embracing our redneck-ness.

Of course we ate black-eyed peas and drank champagne and wore hats and glasses and had noise-makers. I was a little anxious about being in the central timezone, but really we got to celebrate twice! We watched the NYC ball drop at 11 and then had our own little gem of a ball drop....

A Buoy Drop!
This is homemade and dropped at midnight. Oh baby.



I just adore these fresh starts. Happy 2012, Bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment