Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thank you

I wanted to include this in the last post, but it was already pretty lengthy and I wanted to try to make this as sincere as possible.
Thank you.
From the bottom of my heart I thank you.
Thank you for the cards, flowers, candy, posters, stuffed animals, magazines, games, visits, Facebook messages and "likes", texts, phone calls, and most of all prayers.
Thank you seems so, so inadequate.
I know without a doubt if we needed anything we would have it in minutes.
Thank you for this.
Thank you for making us feel so incredibly loved and cared for.
Once again, words cannot express how much this means.
Every bit of it.

I specifically want to thank my sweet, sweet friends. I truly have the best friends in the world. Time and time again they have proven this to me. Abby, Jenn, Cass, Jamie, Becca, Delaney, and Becca. I cannot thank you enough for coming yesterday. Y'all brightened up the room so much. And Addie loved seeing all of you (even though you probably couldn't tell). I wish there was something I could say to tell you how thankful I am for y'all. I know that no one wants to go to a hospital. But I am so, so, so thankful that you would come visit with us. More thankful for each of y'all than you can ever know!

I also want to thank Nathan. I am not one to blog about boys, and am not big on PDA even in social media, but I have to. I am SO thankful for this guy.
First of all, I had a great week with him, both here and in Memphis. Sooo much fun.
On Saturday he got up at 5a.m. and biked 112 miles. What a beast. Naturally, he was a little tired so I was driving us home. I got the phone call that my sister was sick, and all you who know me know that my immediate reaction was to instantly start crying. I handle situations really well- not. Nathan asked me to stop so he could go to the bathroom and made me get out of the driver's seat. He drove  us all the way back. 5 1/2 hours of driving on top of being 100% exhausted. Not only that, but he also made me laugh and smile the whole way home. We stopped by an engagement party (YAY YAY YAY for Sarah Hope and Matt!!!). And then, even though on the way home my mom promised me Addie would be okay for the night and told me that I should just focus on Nathan until he left (at 5 a.m. the next morning), he said, since it was officially all about him, that he wanted to go see Addie. He'd "really hoped to see her again before he left." So after we stopped by the party, we came to the hospital. At 11 o'clock at night. He drove me to the hospital and led me through the maze of hallways (that I can now navigate like a pro) and sat on Addie's bed and talked to her and to my parents and to me. After being up at 5, biking 112 miles, and drive across the state. So simple, yet it meant SO much. This guy is good. Really, very good. So, so, so thankful for him.




Some more of Addie's friends just stopped by. I am once again left speechless. Oh, how inadequate "thank you" seems!! I feel like a broken record, but I am humbled and amazed at the love and thoughtfulness so many of you have shown to my sister and my family.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!



Please, please, please keep praying for my sister.

1 comment: