Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

The Crawford house becomes a whirlwind of wrapping paper, a chorus of "ohh I LOVE it"s, and an explosion of joy on Christmas morning. I love every minute of it.

A little look into the 25th of December at our house:
5:45 a.m.- Addie wake me up to tell me in detail about a dream she is *currently* having.
7 a.m.- Sam wake up. But is not allowed to speak. Fortunately, Addie made him a basket of things to keep him entertained until...
7:57- a.m.- Sam decides it is close enough to 8 to wake the rest of us up.
8:20 a.m.- Drew is finally on his feet so we all go get in bed with our parents until they agree to join us in the living room.
*Insert craziness here.* Sam runs around like crazy and gets more enthusiastic with each gift he opens. The peak of his ecstasy coinciding with the bottom of his stocking. Never knew a kid could be so excited about toothpaste. Dad walks around the living room and collects anything that can burn and adds it to his fire.
10:30 a.m.- We all go to the aunt/uncle/cousin's house for brunch. I love this most. We eat and talk and laugh. And don't worry about a thing.
3- We come back home and spend the day watching movies and sorting pictures. Once I have my scanner with me I might put up a couple of gems. Anyone who knew me from 7th grade- freshmen year of high school, thank you for you charity friendship. That was a rough time in my life.

So, that's Christmas, fortunately we know most of all, it's not about our presents, it's about His presence. Which we are most grateful for.

Here's a quick pic of what I made my momma for Christmas (thanks Pinterest).

Merry two days after Christmas, Bloggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment