Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jesus Calling


"Jesus Calling should be retitled to Your Daily Prophecy.” to quote someone I’m following on twitter. And I agree. 100%.

Confession: I’ve been struggling with the fact that I won’t be going to Windy Gap for weekend camp for the first time since I became a leader. And it sucks. A lot. The girls I hang out with straight up don’t want to go. So they make excuses. I’ve fought every excuse you can imagine. And I can’t win. They aren’t going. So neither am I. And I’m sad. I love them. And love Windy Gap. And love Jesus. And I want them to experience all this. But they won’t. Not this year anyway. So I’m totally bummed.
I’m trying so hard to see God’s reasoning for leaving them (and me) behind this weekend. I will worship Him even though I am disappointed.
So here is where “Jesus Calling” comes in. I feel like I’ve been doing okay in trusting the Lord in having another plan, but I have been complaining. Oh dear. To anyone who will listen. Because it IS hard. But here’s J.C. had to say...
"...you have not let go of My hand. I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me. There is one thing, however, that displeases Me: your tendency to complain."
Insert "oops" here.
"You may talk to Me as much as you like about the difficulty of the path we are following. I understand better than anyone else the stresses and stains that have afflicted you. You can ventilate safely to Me, because talking with Me tempers your thoughts and helps you see things from My perspective."
Philippians 2:14-15
Yep. So that clears that up.
Complaining- see ya never!

I started this post a couple days ago, but waited to publish it and now I just have to put in the quote from Jesus Calling today on here.

"The only thing you absolutely need is the one thing you can never lose: My Presence with you."

so good. so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment