Friday, October 14, 2011

I debated on whether or not to publish this post. I am usually so happy and so enthusiastic in general. But today, not so much. But you know what, this is my blog and I do what I want. So here it is world...

Let me just be real for a minute. Today I have been sad. I really, really want to be going with all my friends (high schoolers, teammates, and even leaders at other schools) to Windy Gap this weekend.
I actually can't think of anything I want more at the moment.
I am SO pumped for all my friends going.
They are going to have the best time.
And get to hear and talk about Jesus all weekend.
I am not mad or frustrated or annoyed (although I've been all of those too).
I am just so sad for myself and my Halls friends who didn't want to go.
I don't want this to be a whiny post about how much I wish I was going to Windy Gap. So I apologize. Just sometimes ya gotta let it out.

However, I am reminded that circumstance don't determine my joy. That comes from Christ alone! Wow. Thanks again, Jesus Calling.

But sometimes I get discouraged. YoungLife is hard. Particularly when you do ministry for three years and don't see fruit from it.
I read this, though, and it seems about right...

“You job isn’t to fill other people’s cups. Your job is to empty yours.” – Andy Stanley

Umm... Okay. Clear reminder. It's not up to me! I am relieved of the pressure. But it's still sad. That's really all. 

I know this was lame and whiny (even though I tried to avoid it...), but I hope someone was a tiny bit encouraged. God is loving. And faithful. And I am thankful that we don't always understand Him. And He is good. And life is good. So good.
And to all of my friends going to Windy Gap, have the greatest time at the best place on Earth! (Drink a Cheerwine slush for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment