Sunday, August 22, 2010

They do!

I love weddings. I love dancing and eating and laughing and taking pictures and cake and throwing rose petals and celebrating all the wonderfulness of l-o-v-e. These past two weekends I've gotten to go to two weddings. I witnessed two of the most precious couples promise to love each other for the rest of their lives. Both men are incredibly lucky fellas. They got themselves some beautiful ladies, both inside and out (as cliche as that is, it's so true). Calli is my roommate, and wonderful friend's, older sister. She is stunning and looked like a million bucks on her wedding day. Brett hit the jackpot. Taylor was my YoungLife leader in high school and played a huge roll in all of our lives. Probably more than she knows. Now that I'm a leader, I cannot imagine having my girls come to my wedding years from now. I hope she knows we never took her for granted. It's crazy exciting that she is no longer Taylor Scott as we've known her for years. We danced the night away celebrating Taylor and Russel. By the time we sent them home for the night, my feet hurt, I was sweaty, my eyes were closing, and I was smiling from ear to ear. Congratulations to all four. Go have long happy lives together.

Speaking of weddings... The most wonderful couple I know celebrated their anniversary today. Twenty-four years together and still so in love. The moment the man laid eyes on the woman, he knew that she was the girl he was supposed to marry and love for his whole life. Three weeks after their first date, he popped the question and she said yes. She was my age, just twenty, when she walked down the isle and her dad gave her away to this man she'd known for such a short amount of time. They were young and clueless, livin' on love and looking to God. Their marriage hasn't always been perfect, but they have never wavered from the commitment they made to God and each other on that August night. They've stood together through good times and bad. Supported each other and filled their house with love. They had four children together who they taught to love God, each other, and all others. They've come a long way and have a long way yet to go. They've shown me what real marriage and real love looks like. They've demonstrated what it looks like to lean on each other and point to God always. I am thankful beyond words for them and all they've done for me. Afterall, I wouldn't be here without 'em! Congrats on twenty-four years Mom and Dad. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment