Monday, January 21, 2013

10,000 Things

A couple of weeks ago, news broke that John Piper is moving to East Tennessee. I went to Passion a couple of years ago, and I am still trying to unpack and interpret everything he said in his session. So while I was stalking the rumors, I stumbled across this post from John Piper's Desiring God blog have been hanging on to it.

"God is always doing 10,000 things in your life and you may be aware of three of them."

I love that I live blissfully unaware of all the ways God is moving in my life. I love that He is working and moving and aligning and creating divine appointments for me. He is planning my future and walking with me in my present. 
Whether I sit and wonder about what my life will be like in the tomorrows or sit and long for the yesterdays makes no difference. What does make a difference is what I do in the nows. And even in the present, I may only be able to see a tiny glimpse of what God is doing. I love all the examples Piper's article gives from the Bible. Like many of them, I may be confused. And I may not understand. And I may so long for clarity, vision, direction...

But God is always, always good. And He's is always sovereign. And He is always wise. And He is always love. 

I feel like I've said this a million times over the past few months, but I love that God's plan for my life is greater than the dreams I had. A greater plan. Sounds wonderful to me. I can't wait to finally see, in this life or the next, more than just the glimpse of all the things God is doing in this life of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment