Sunday, September 30, 2012

Highlights (not the hair kind...)

I am so overwhelmed by the amount of life to catch up on. It is so good. Busy, overwhelming, exhausting, sooo funny, unexpected, and full. I truly am so grateful. On this blog I feel like a broken record about this gratitude. But in real life I overlook it far too quickly. Maybe it's the sitting (laying) down and reflecting that stirs it up. Anyway... highlights:

YoungLife is back at it! Nothin' like a little team bonding with home cooked meals, beautiful sunsets, country roads, bonfires, and ten of my favorites. Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.
Words cannot describe how much I love these people! So thankful for them.
Few things give such an accurate "East Tennessee" picture like the Tennessee Valley Fair. Man oh man, I love this place. I used to have my birthday party at the fair. I'm not entirely sure this is something I should willingly confess, but it has always seemed so magical. I love it.
Reflection + Flashing lights + Sunset = Fair perfection

Anyone who goes to the fair and doesn't get a funnel cake deserves to be exiled. Okay, a bit harsh, but seriously- definite highlight of the night/ my life.

Hey look, it has three horns! ... Except it only looks like it has two from this angle. Whoops.

Easton Corbin. Really Kip Moore. Nathan and I are working on our ability to read poster advertisements. So there's somethin' 'bout a truck...
 BIRTHDAY FUN!
Being 23 is weird. And old. But so far so good.

My dad sent me this picture in honor of my birthday. 17 years later he's still rockin' the "Chelcie is six" shirt. Proud of him.
                           This is how we celebrate birthdays first grade style:
Of course we have to notice the short a in our song!

Amiyah and Miss Crawford have the same birthday! EXTRA special day!

Cupcakes for everyone! Shh... don't tell.
The kiddies made me birthday owls. It makes me smile over and over. I'll never get tired of seeing "I lov Mis Crawfrd" and "Hape birda to you!" written in crayon. LOVE this job!

Even Chickfila knows how to celebrate. TWO free cookies. Which are my favorite things in the world. One of the many reasons why I love this place. God bless Chickfila.


Birthday bonding with all the roomies in the Enos. Yes. Not our best look, but still... these girls are babes.

And birthday dinner time. Nothing like having your one birthday candle blown out by youngest brother. What are brothers for anyway?
 GOOD OLE ROCKY TOP!
I love fall. Largely due to college football games. And I love the VOLS. Glad we are back in action. And by "in action" I mean being on the field... we are still working on the winning games part...
GAMEDAY!
He's famous and I know him!

Stripes on stripes on stripes. GBO.

Second row (for a short time). Go Vols!
Ice cream Olympics. I love this time. What could be better than covering your friends in ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream, being in danger of contracting hypothermia, and waking up still smelling like soured milk?!! Answer: Nothing!

Halls has it. Crazy about these kids.
Love. This. Girl.
Sometimes I take my aggression out on people with chocolate syrup... Sorry 'bout it...
Note the foot holding him down. This was war people!

Photobomb of syrupy goodness.

Still teammates and bffs, despite me kicking his butt.


Might as well end this post the way I started it. These people rock.






No comments:

Post a Comment